Food, rides, and a great time! The Coastal Carolina Fair makes its return this week in the Lowcountry. Since 1957, the fair has been providing a fun time for all. Now, it’s time to get excited for what’s in store! Here are just a few ways to get prepared for a smooth and fun experience.
- Buy your tickets early! You’ll want to secure your tickets as early as you can before the fair kicks off on Thursday. Admission can run you between $6 – $10 ahead of opening day, saving you a few bucks. Kids get in free who are under 5 years old, and those ages 6 – 12 get in for $6. You can also buy a ride wristband for $18. All of these are available online at http://www.coastalcarolinafair.org/p/34 and at several store locations.
- Make room for tasty eats! Whether you’re a fan of funnel cakes or the corn dogs – there will be plenty of fair treats and deep-fried goods the whole entire family can enjoy. Make a point to try something new in addition to your typical fair favorite!
- Soak in the live music. Country music fans, unite! There will be plenty of familiar names taking over the Coastal Carolina stage. From Rodney Atkins to Joe Nichols, Walker Haynes and many more. You can see a full list of performers for this year’s fair on their website!
- Did you know about the events within the main event? There is plenty of entertainment to enjoy. Once your stomach settles from the tasty treats, hop aboard the rides. There are some spooky additions like the spooky Haunted Mansion, spinning Gravitron. If you’re feeling like a daredevil, you can always do the free-flying Space Roller or the terrifying Mega Drop. Make it a challenge with friends. The bravest of them all scores a free fair treat!
- Have a great time! This tradition only comes to the Lowcountry once a year, so don’t miss out on all of the fun. Take LOTS of photos! Forget about the diet – enjoy the food! Make memories with the ones you love. And be sure to go again and again if you can! The fair goes from Oct. 25 to Sunday, Nov. 4. Opening day begins Thursday, 10/25 at 3 pm!