Do you love craft beer? Then you don’t want to miss the 8th Annual Charleston Beer Fest! This year, its taking place at a new location, the beautiful Riverfront Park in North Charleston! More than 40 breweries from the Lowcountry and the Carolinas are participating. Where else can you try so many different brews in one place? And it’s not just beer tasting that draws a crowd to this local event. You won’t want to miss the Beer Games, food trucks and local arts and crafts vendors.
Forty breweries will have 80 different beers on tap at the Charleston Beer Fest. IPAs, reds, ales, stouts, sours, ciders and so many more! Some of your favorite breweries are returning there will be several news ones to check out as well! And for those attendees who don’t like beer, but want to enjoy the festival, there will be other options, like the Mamasitas Margaritas food truck and adult popsicles from Cindy’s Twisted-Cicles. See below for complete list of participating breweries.
This year, the Charleston Beer Fest is in a new location. With a bigger event space, they’ve made room for even more entertainment! A dozen musical acts are will perform on two stages! And the music will be as varied as the beer choices. Rock bands playing music of the ‘50s and ‘60s, folk and bluegrass, steelpan, Brazilian music and more. And between these performances, local DJs and MCs from the Dubplates, DJ Tailmix, Big Hair and Sweetfeet will be spinning tunes.
Ok, now one of the coolest things about this event, the Beer Games! Imagine grown-ups racing inflatable pony hops! There will also be arm wrestling, stein hoisting and a hands-free pizza eating contest.
And you don’t want to try all these beers on an empty stomach. Luckily, there will be some of the Lowcountry’s most celebrated food vendors on site too. They’ll be serving up southern inspired dishes, Asian infused bites, waffles, hot dogs, wood fired pizza and more.
What: Charleston Beer Fest (formerly Charleston Beer Garden)
When: Saturday, May 18, noon to 7 p.m.
Where: Riverfront Park, North Charleston
Price: $25 includes commemorative mug and 5 beer tickets (Designated Driver tickets $15)
THIS IS A 21+ ONLY EVENT.
For more info visit https://www.chsbeerfest.org/
- Birdsong Brewing Company – Charlotte, N.C.
- Birds Fly South Ale Project – Greenville, S.C.
- Bold Rock Hard Cider – Mills River, N.C.
- Carolina Bauernhaus – Anderson, S.C.
- Catawba Brewing Company – Charlotte, N.C.
- Charles Towne Fermentory – Charleston
- Commonhouse Aleworks – North Charleston
- Cooper River Brewing Company – Charleston
- Dockery’s – Daniel Island
- Fam’s Brewing Co. – James Island
- Fat Pig Brewing – Johns Island
- Fatty’s Beer Works – Charleston
- Foothills Brewing – Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Freehouse Brewery – North Charleston
- Frothy Beard Brewing Company – Charleston
- Green Man Brewing – Asheville, N.C.
- Hi-Wire Brewing – Asheville, N.C.
- Holy City Brewing – North Charleston
- Lo-Fi Brewing – Charleston
- Munkle Brewing Company – Charleston
- New Belgium – Asheville, N.C.
- New South Brewing Company – Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Oak Road Brewery – Summerville
- Palmetto Brewing Company – Charleston
- Pawleys Island Brewing Company – North Charleston
- Revelry Brewing – Charleston
- River Rat Brewery – Columbia, S.C.
- Rusty Bull Brewing Company – North Charleston
- Ship’s Wheel Hard Cider – North Charleston
- SNAFU Brewing Company – North Charleston
- Southern Barrel Brewing Company – Bluffton, S.C.
- Swamp Rabbit Brewery & Taproom – Travelers Rest, S.C.
- Sycamore Brewing – Charlotte, N.C.
- Thomas Creek Brewery – Greenville, SC
- Tradesman Brewing Company – Charleston
- Two Blokes Brewing – Mount Pleasant
- Wicked Weed – Asheville, N.C.
- Rock band High Tide, a Charleston party band playing the classics of the 50s and 60s to the newest popular songs
- Pop country singer Karoline Rhett, who was named Female Rising Star Artist of the Year 2017 by Indie Artist Magazine Coalition
- Keys and Company, a rock band led by Greg Keys
- Alternative singer/songwriter Molly Durnin
- Jam band Nocturnal Kernalz
- Folk and bluegrass band Red Cedar Review
- Seitu Solomon Steelpan, a singer/songwriter who specializes in the acoustic guitar and steelpan
- Super Reggae Man, who performs six different instruments as an amazing one-man reggae band – complete with horn section
- Samba Charleston, a live Brazilian music specializing in Samba