In just a couple of days, we are expected to see the first signs of Hurricane Florence in the United States, and more specifically here in the Lowcountry. With thousands moving into the Holy City every week, here are a few packing tips for anyone going through their first major storm.
- Stock a 3-day supply of food for each family member including pets. Store in sealed, unbreakable containers. Identify the expiration date and replace every six months.
- Bottled Water – At least 1 gallon daily per person for 3 to 7 days. Don’t forget to add water for your pets, too.
- Consider buying and storing away Non-Perishable Foods, high-energy packaged foods like peanut butter, nuts and crackers, and canned meats and vegetables. Have at least enough for 3 to 7 days. You may need to make special consideration for infants or the elderly.
- Pack important toiletries. (i.e. Toilet Paper and Moist Towelettes, Sponges and Paper Towels, Soap and Shampoo, etc.)
- Don’t forget any of your important documents or health needs.
For more on what you should have prepared ahead of the Hurricane, visit this link on Live 5 News: http://www.live5news.com/story/8395052/how-to-build-your-hurricane-disaster-kit