CHARLESTON, S.C. (Lowcountry Weekend) - Comic book fans, take note: CharlestonCon, the Holy City’s Comic-con event, is back!
Organizers say they have an amazing lineup of guests and attractions set for Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Embassy Suites Hotel, located at 5055 International Blvd. in North Charleston.
“We are very excited for the fans of Charleston, South Carolina, and surrounding areas,” CharlestonCon promoter Carmine De Santo said.
The show will feature more than 100 exhibitors catering to a wide spectrum of interests including comic books, magazines, toys, games, movies, television, anime, manga, cosplay, artwork and apparel. A roster of comic industry professionals and fandom-related celebrities are slated to attend.
Confirmed featured guests and attractions include:
- Tom DeFalco - Marvel Comic Legend
- Sam DeLa Rosa - Famous Comic Book Artist
- Georges Jeanty - Famous Comic Book Artist
- Vic Carrabotta - Famous Golden Age Comic Book Artist
- Bushwhacker Luke - Wrestling Hall of Famer
- Matthew Atchley - Actor & Artist
- Pokemon & Magic Card Tournaments
- Dungeons & Dragons Tournament
- Local Charleston, SC Cosplayers
- 501st Legion - Your Favourite Star Wars Characters
- Huge Cosplay Contest for all Ages at 4 p.m.
The inaugural show was held Oct. 19, 2019, and welcomed more than 3,000 attendees.
Tickets for November are on sale now with general admission set at $20. Children under 11 are admitted free with an accompanying adult. VIP Tickets are $50. Tickets can be purchased online or at the door.
A Cosplay contest for all attendees will offer prizes. Over $1,500 in door prizes will be given out throughout the day.
Copyright 2022 WCSC. All rights reserved.