CHARLESTON, S.C. (Lowcountry Weekend) - Outdoor ice skating, cozy firepits and holiday concessions are making their way to Daniel Island.
Skate the Stadium is turning Credit One Stadium into a winter wonderland complete with an outdoor skating rink.
Beginning Dec. 2, Skate the Stadium will be open on Thursdays and Fridays from 5-10 p.m., Saturdays from 10 a.m.- 9:30 p.m. and Sundays from noon-5 p.m. The rink will be closed on Christmas Day and Dec. 30.
Tickets are $10 and include a one-hour skate session and skate rental. Non-skaters can enter for free and special assistive devices are available for those who need them. Children 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
In addition to the regular skate sessions, the stadium will also host some special events:
- Daniel Island tree lighting: Dec. 2, 6 p.m.
- Holiday carolers featuring local high school choral groups: Dec. 8, 22, 25, 5:30-6 p.m.
- Ladies night and bubbles on ice: Dec. 8, 7-10 p.m. Nibble on hors d’oeuvres and sip on bubbles from Moet. Browse some curated holiday selections from local vendors. This is a ticketed event, $35 per person, and includes food plus a cash bar.
- 90s glow night: Dec. 10, 7-10 p.m. Skate to songs from the 1990s and wear your glow gear
- Jazz night and bourbon tasting: Dec. 15, 7-10 p.m. Sample all-you-can-eat oysters on the half shell and a bourbon tasting with entertainment by Grammy Award-winning Charlton Singleton & The Contemporary Flow Band.
- Visit with Santa: Dec. 18, 9 a.m.- 2 p.m.
Tickets are available at www.creditonestadium.com/skate-the-stadium.
Copyright 2022 WCSC. All rights reserved.